Wednesday 6 November 2019

Day 6 - 308 -- Feeling Stonewalled

Today I had a less than productive encounter with someone who could sell me what I need. <sigh> The person was long-winded, telling stories that obviously held a lot of frustration and pain. After a half hour of this and a review of what I had hoped would be options and pricing, complete with a software program that would not provide needed information, I had to say that I'd bought frozen things with groceries before I'd stopped by this office. <sigh> That got us up to look at inventory which was rather sparse. More will be arriving but I had hoped to get this over this month -- not looking positive. After another diatribe on past experiences from the other person, I finally headed home -- 90 minutes poorer. <big sigh>.

I do understand that people may need someone to listen. When I don't know the person well, it can be uncomfortable. When there should be shared power as customer and sales person, I expect a friendly banter, but not a long soliloquy. This means I have to do more work on my own so I can wrest control the next time we meet. If that doesn't work, I'll head elsewhere or move up to the manager. I hate having to do that in a small town.

A song title that came to mind is an oldie <smile>. The guitar backing reminded me of the repetative nature of the other person talking incessantly. The higher notes of the organ are what I heard myself saying in my head -- Yo -- see me here trying to buy something? <grin>. Enjoy!

Time is Tight -- Booker T. and the MGs





No comments:

Post a Comment