Wednesday 20 November 2019

Day 6 - 322 -- Walking and Thinking

Physical activity today involved walking out to an appointment and some yard work. Music was a part of each of these. The walk was about 25 minutes up and back. I then spent another 20 moving a branch that was somewhat larger than I'd expected. It was more awkward than heavy, being soft wood. These activities worked several different muscle groups.  The activity allowed the brain to clear a bit. A number of things are swirling around on personal and professional fronts.

Focus on ideas seems easier when doing a physical activity -- something mindless that allows the mind to work unimpeded. I recall Golda Meir saying that she would polish silver when she had something big to think through. I find cooking and cleaning can let the mind work, often providing interesting viewpoints, analogies or solutions. Sitting and trying to think just doesn't work as well. So, lesson learned here -- keep the runners close by when working through things. <smile> 

The first couple of lines from a song flitted around in my head today as I walked and thought (which often has me talking to myself, too <smile>). The tempo would work well for a fast walking pace. Enjoy! 

I'm Walkin' -- Fats Domino 


No comments:

Post a Comment