Monday 25 November 2019

Day 6 - 328 -- Revisiting Warmer Evenings

Weather was warmer than yesterday, but with the wind felt colder. Spitty rain arrived early in the afternoon. I was out getting groceries and other supplies needed to get through the next while. By later afternoon, I walked out to the physio to deal with my neck - again. These visits do help as do the stretching exercises. Morning routine is getting more filled with various stretches for this and sundry aches and pains. <smile>.

Given the colder feel of the air of late, I guess I've been thinking of warmer climes, without fully realizing it. I heard a song that reminded me of time spent with friends in Hawaii at a research conference. We met for a drink before dinner. I had snagged a table early since I was staying nearby and they were outside the central city area. It was located on a small outdoor deck facing west. This created a lovely start to the evening. We watched the sunset across the Pacific from Waikiki drinking mai tais. After dark we went to a Thai restaurant for a delicious dinner and had such fun talking. We considered phoning home to let people know that it was 25C outside after the sunset and that it had been -25C at home before sunset. When we calculated the time difference (7 hours) we took a photo to share with colleagues and poke at the weather later in person. One of those people is no longer with us and the other two are retired away, one with health issues. It does make me smile when I recall all the laughter that night.

The song chosen for today dropped as a single about 10 days ago. It seemed perfect to share with you since hearing this song made me realize I'd been thinking of being elsewhere with friends. Enjoy!

Mai Tais -- Train ft. Skylar Grey


No comments:

Post a Comment