Tuesday 26 November 2019

Day 6 - 329 -- Odd Events

Surprisingly, the day began with full bright sunshine. It felt wonderful for walking in the morning and again in the mid-afternoon. Perhaps the key aspect of the day involved my inability to be where I needed or wanted to be at the appointed time. I was late rolling out of bed, but had enough time to get to the office as planned. Then, mysteriously, no water came out of the taps when turned on. After my call being diverted to the county office instead of the town utility line, I discovered that there was some valve replacement occurring two to three blocks away and we were all without water from the main. I keep a couple of gallons of bottled water for such emergencies. This helped with breakfast preparation as well as washing up dishes and me. My afternoon meeting began about 20 minutes late, so ended later. At that time, I ate lunch -- later than usual. When heading to the 3:15  eye appointment, I saw that it was 3 PM as I left the office and the walk takes about 20 minutes depending on lights and traffic. Late again. I had a great conversation with the optometrist, and being her last appointment of the day, she was later than usual finishing. I was pleased to see that the sun had set by the time I left the optometrist's office, since my eyes were dilated. Granted the headlights all looked extra sparkly tonight, but it beat the heck out of battling sunshine with ginormous pupils. So, all of this and some force of nature was trying to get my attention while seated at my office desk. Three times I spilled something in the same space on the desk -- tea, chili oil from the tuna, and yogurt. I have no idea why this happened, but will see if it continues tomorrow. I do hope not, since the meetings tomorrow allow a comfortable space between each to allow me to eat lunch, head to the copier and catch up on backlogged e-mails. On the upside, I did some tiny bits of writing for one larger project. My focus was challenged, but the muse was close by, likely just outside playing in the sunshine.

A song I'd mentioned in a conversation yesterday came back to me as I walked down the road to the highway. I thought through other possible songs, but chose this one due to the appointment at the end of the work day. I toyed with the idea on the walk home. Enjoy!

Sunglasses at Night -- Corey Hart




No comments:

Post a Comment