Sunday 24 November 2019

Day 6 - 326 -- Season Begins

The day began with sunshine making its way through the windows and onto the floor and walls. That was lovely -- even if rather fleeting. Clouds returned as the day progressed. We headed back home from Halifax encountering bits of drizzle and in one spot bits of frozen drizzle. Neither was enough to create travel issues. When home, I unpacked and got laundry together and begun. A few errands called my name, so I headed out to three vendors for the items needed in the next few hours. The wind was biting cold with temperatures just below freezing. In the early evening I bundled up in winter gear to stand on Main Street to watch the Santa Claus Parade. It seems a bit early for this by a week or so, but weather cooperated, with many people lining the streets. I was in constant motion just to keep the legs warm. A pair of rain pants would have kept the wind from trying to freeze the quads <smile>. After a few more chores around the house, I had a wonderful chat with a friend -- a lovely way to end a great day.

Given the arrival in town today of a man in a red suit, I felt that the song should suit the season despite it being a tad early in my head. So, if you too feel holiday music could wait must a bit longer, I do apologize. Enjoy!

The Old Man's Back in Town -- Garth Brooks, Kenny Rogers, & Trisha Yearwood

No comments:

Post a Comment