Wednesday 13 November 2019

Day 6 - 316 -- Strange Weather

What very odd weather combinations! Yesterday we had rainfall warnings and today we had snow squall watches as the wind changed direction to come in off the water. In between we had sun with blue sky patches between the clouds. Just odd. I walked to two appointments, the office and to a couple of stores for errands. Facing into the wind around noon was very cold. I thought then I should have put on my parka, but I was just not ready to to that <smile>. Exposed skin felt cold and with the shorter jacket and fleece, the thighs felt a lot cold. Denim isn't a great insulator. Given the potential for frozen precipitation on the sidewalk, I pulled out the winter boots with sturdy grips -- at least my feet were warm <smile>.

Getting ready for the colder season feels difficult. I'm not one that enjoys winter outings. I'd like a bit of cool weather with a longer fall followed by a very early spring. Winter temperatures without frozen precipitation and difficulties traversing the streets would work, too. Needless to say, that isn't likely to happen at this end of the country. The Pacific coast has something a bit more like this wish. I have the requisite clothing and just have to put it into service and not be too stubborn about it. <smile> That and shovels will need to be pressed into use tomorrow as there appears to be a couple of inches of something white on the ground and more expected. Much will melt with the potential for rain in a couple of days. It is definitely transitioning weather.

A song that seemed to fit my walking about in the cooler air today was chosen to share. Enjoy!

Out in the Cold -- Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers




No comments:

Post a Comment