Wednesday 6 November 2019

Day 6 - 309 -- Working through

I worked on two projects today and began organizing for upcoming plans. Nothing moved as I'd expected. One file couldn't be located meaning I have to search a couple of new places as I haven't used it since the office move a few weeks ago. Writing for the other project became difficult -- I have decent notes but had difficulty concentrating. I hope things will smooth a bit tomorrow so I can at least make solid notes for a meeting Friday.

It seems things are moving slower than I am spinning at present. I just want things done but can't get my head to work well to achieve that goal. Someone told me recently to be kind to myself; today that wasn't happening. I felt very frustrated and wondered what I could do to calm the brain and get back into the writing groove. The walk to and from the office today helped me to focus on the world around me -- blue sky, clouds and bright sun. That helps a bit, but not for the longer term today. I'm going try a tub soak in hopes of reading and warm water will add to greater calm.

A song title hit my consciousness and brought a smile. I haven't been scowling all day, as the writing here may indicate. <smile> Lots of smiles have been present. The situations noted in the lyrics of the selection today are far from what I'm in the midst of. Love this song by a great singer-songwriter -- Warren Zevon -- and chose one of many covers to share here. The title and chorus words made me smile and almost giggle -- definitely a tongue-in-cheek kind of song for the day. Enjoy!

Poor, Poor, Pitiful Me -- Terri Clark




No comments:

Post a Comment