Thursday 5 December 2019

Day 6 - 337 -- Followed by Sunshine

Today began well and continued in a positive vein. I spent some time visiting and chatting with colleagues, who were working on grading and exam prep for the next couple of weeks. It was enjoyable to catch up a bit. The sun had been vaguely visible when I walked up to campus today. I had to find my sunglasses. As the day progressed, clouds separated to show blue sky and more direct sunshine. Walking home this afternoon saw a largely clear blue sky. The moon was visible when walking out later to supper with a friend.

The ability to see and feel the sun today seemed to affect people as they chatted and walked down the street. Many smiles and addressed people they didn't know to remark on the delight of seeing even a bit of sunshine after twilight like days for over a week. I even felt a bit lighter as I walked along.

Local trees are lit in the park and on campus. Street lamps on Main Street are decorated and store windows have become curated winter and holiday displays. I plan to try to get the tree up this weekend. and head out for a wreath from the tree lot at the mall. Mailing dates for parcels and cards is looming, so getting packages together may also be part of the weekend.

The song today comes from my favourite Christmas movie -- Love, Actually <smile>. It is heard everywhere as we walk through stores and malls. The power of this young voice always amazes me. Enjoy!

All I Want for Christmas -- Olivia Olson




No comments:

Post a Comment