Sunday 29 December 2019

Day 6 - 361 -- It's all about the music

I finished reading an amazing book this week -- The magic strings of Frankie Presto by Mitch Albom. The story, narrated by the talent, Music, explores the impact of talent in changing the lives of those with the talent and those surrounding talented people. Interwoven throughout the story are fictional encounters between Frankie Presto and actual people in the music industry from 1940s onward, which included how meeting Presto transformed their lives. The intricacies of the life of the main character are fascinating and did not fail to surprise at points. I'd recommend this book to anyone ready for a story about a journey through life with all its ups and downs -- all told through the lens of music, talent and fame.

I want to share three of the many points made by the author that spoke to me -- particularly in terms of why this blog exists.

"What would you give to remember everything? I have this power. I absorb your memories; when you hear me, you relive them. A first dance. A wedding. The song that played when you got the big news. No other talent gives your life a soundtrack. I am Music. I mark time." (p. 371).

"Music tells the truth." (p, 423)

"I am Music. And Music is in the connection of human souls, speaking a language that needs no words." (p. 489)

How cool are those quotations? In this blog, a musical selection has been used for each of these reasons -- to tell the truth, produce memories and connect readers by speaking a universal language. Today the song chosen thanks Music. Enjoy!

Thank you for the Music -- Amanda Seyfried





No comments:

Post a Comment