Tuesday 17 December 2019

Day 6 - 348 -- Seasonal Thoughts

Many tasks on the 'to do' list for the weekend were completed today, while many more were left undone. A friend recently reminded me that even in retirement the days are only 24 hours long <smile>. I did get the presentation together for the public lecture through our Extension department. It felt good to get into that one, since the topic deals with my research process. I look forward to this one. Other household chores were tackled, though still little in the form of Christmas decorations up, thought many boxes sit on the dining room table waiting for this very task. Soon.

I do enjoy Christmas decorations once they are up. It seems to take a long while to get some things up, but it feels so good to sit and stare at the tree lights late at night. So, it will get done. Perhaps it wouldn't seem so onerous if I were to do 15 to 20 minutes each day instead of needing several hours all at once. Now I don't put up everything I own, but I do like some key changes to the usual living room decor. Most towels and linens are out already, so we are not devoid of cheer <smile>. I wrote the annual letter today that will be send in cards to friends and family without electronic communication access. These will be New Year cards since they will hit the post office after the mailing deadlines. It is a season and not just a day, so I hope the greetings will be accepted later.

The song today contains lyrics that describe great winter visuals. It has a softer peaceful sound from both the melody and the artist's voice. Enjoy!

Aspenglow -- John Denver


No comments:

Post a Comment