Tuesday 3 December 2019

Day 6 - 334 -- Heavy Lifting

Waiting until the snow stopped overnight was a good plan. A fair amount fell leaving 4 to 6 inches on all surfaces. I shoveled the front porch and a path to the town sidewalk out front. The snow contained much water given the temperature sitting around freezing making for heavy wet slogging. The worst was the inch or so at the bottom of the piles where the slushy snow glued itself to the ground. A jarring experience -- literally and figuratively <smile>. I left the side of the house and the back porch to do tomorrow. The end of the drive wasn't tackled given the weight of the snow. If these chunks of snow and slush don't shrink quickly, then I'll have to call a guy with a plow <smile>. The day eneded with a great chat with a friend.

I listened to music and watched the blue sky and birds in the trees as I worked through the snow. Those pauses helped me to finish without being overly winded. Shoveling snow can be damaging if not done slowly and with care. I chose a song with a title that fit the main activity of the day. the lyrics feel reflective, something shoveling always moves me towards. Enjoy!

While I shovel snow -- The Walkmen






No comments:

Post a Comment