Tuesday 24 December 2019

Day 6 -- 357 -- Peace

Christmas Eve day was spent in the kitchen. I made a pot of cabbage rolls. The first time I've made these. The result was passable, but the filling needs more seasoning to be like what I recall from childhood. I'll dress it up with more sauce for flavour. I got the veggie dishes for Christmas and Boxing Day pre-prepped, which will make those days go more smoothly. So, not surprisingly -- since 'food is my life' [tm] -- today was all about food. A long-standing friend -- as in the longest friendship I have -- called for a chat today. It was great to get caught up on the plans for the holiday week.

A favourite theme of mine at Christmas involves peace -- freedom from conflict and the just as elusive inner peace. The musical choices today deal with this concept. The first selection is an amazing duet with counterpoint melodies. And just for the record, I do recall seeing the original airing <smile>. The second selection covers an historic event that occurred on this night 105 years ago. Wishing you all a peaceful holiday season. Enjoy!

Peace on Earth/Little Drummer Boy -- Bing Crosby & David Bowie



It could happen again -- Collin Raye


No comments:

Post a Comment