Tuesday 17 December 2019

Day 6 - 349 -- Newness or Neophobia?

The wind today was strong in the morning and just increased in strength as the day progressed. By my walk home tonight, the wind buffeted me around quite well. It was certainly cold with the wind. The big event for the day involved a major purchase -- a new vehicle. I'll admit that writing a cheque for this was a bit surreal. Prices have gone up since I last bought a vehicle in 2007. I've also discovered that the electronic nature of these items has exploded since my last new car. So, I will need to read the Owner's Manual to get a handle on what is where and how to make the bits I need most to work for me. The keyless entry will take some getting used to and beyond that I'm left feeling like a Luddite. All information needed is on the touch screen, so another item to learn to communicate with. With time and practice things will work. Right now, I need to figure out how to play a station on the radio once you've selected it. There will be a trip back to dealer ship to reset two items that are not functioning as they should be -- minor stuff, so I'll add the radio functioning to that list, too. <g>

Technology is part of our daily lives. I've learned to use smart phones and tablets and many other electronic devices and software. Finding yet another electronic hurdle to decipher feels daunting. This newer one doesn't seem very similar to other devices, which makes the learning curve a bit steeper. It will all come together with time and patience -- neither of which I feel I have in adequate amounts at present <smile.>.

A song that came to mind today brings with it a peaceful feeling as the lyrics deal with peace. That is what I needed to come to terms with cost and electronics. The counterpoint melodies are so soothing. Enjoy!

Dona Nobis Pacem -- Julie Gault

No comments:

Post a Comment