Monday 23 December 2019

Day 6 - 354 -- Last Minute Shopping

Saturday on the weekend before Christmas.-- definitely a day to avoid stores and shopping districts in general. So where was I? Exactly!  I got groceries yesterday and got home to realize that I had forgotten a key ingredient for a dish I planned to make over the weekend. I found two or three other things that I could pick up to make a trip worthwhile. Wondering if I could wait until Monday, I realized that it would likely be even worse since people feel the need to buy enough food for two weeks if the stores are closed for a day. So -- off I went. To say it was busy is an understatement, but I managed to maneuver through the aisles with little frustration. When I headed to the check outs, I had only five items. The less than 5 aisle was closed, but no one was at the under 15 aisle. Score!  On my way home I stopped at a friend's place and shoveled the snow from yesterday. At home, I tried to sweep the bit that fell overnight. In both places, the heavy wet snow sat on top of a bottom layer of ice crystals that must be crazy glued to the sidewalk and pavement. It will be slippery tomorrow when it freezes more. I guess I'll have to find the salt and grit to put out on the worst areas.

I found two songs that reminded me of being out and about with everyone else in the county today. <smile> Each brings a smile if not a laugh with the tongue in cheek lyrics and mental visuals. Enjoy!

Christmas Can Can -- Straight No Chaser



Christmas Shopping -- Buck Owens




No comments:

Post a Comment