Friday 6 December 2019

Day 6 - 339 -- Shifting Tempo

Sun shone again today. It still brings surprise as it is December and somethng is to fall from the sky in the next 24 hours, so every moment with the sun is special. I ran errands on Main Street and met a friend on the walk back home. Then I headed up to the office, only to discover after climbing a gajillion stairs that I did not have the office key with me. A colleague down the hall called Security for me and from there the writing process was to begin. A video chat with my co-author left us discussing pertinent issues that had little to do with the writing project. We did get through parts of the reading for flow and clarity, but not everything. The goal is to complete that for the project admin meeting next Tuesday.

After getting as far as I could with the reading for revisions, I headed to a small fete on campus for the holiday season. It was a lovely gathering with lots of chatting and laughter. I spent time discussing favourite sci-fi franchises with upcoming debuts in the next few weeks. It is always fun to find someone who enjoys the same quirky movies and series. That made me smile. To be honest, I seemed to smile a lot today. <smile>  In the evening, a friend who is heading out for the Christmas season with distant family members, stopped by for a chat before he departure. More laughter and smiles there, too.

While things didn't quite go according to plan today, there was little negative reaction to that. The Rhythm of the day did shift regularly, but in a good way. A song with several tempo changes is shared here tonight. The voices and harmonies of this group are stunning. Enjoy!

God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen -- Pentatonix




No comments:

Post a Comment