Friday 13 December 2019

Day 6 - 346 --Work Flows

Another sunny winter day is over and clouds are rolling in for a storm tomorrow. For us, it will likely be a large amount of rain followed by a big temperature drop on Sunday. I headed into the office this morning to deal with the software issue that arose yesterday. The system worked exactly as expected today, so all files got uploaded on time. I spent time with one of the writing projects working to get concepts clear and the flow straight, building from one concept to the next. We are getting close to completing this phase of the project and it is rather exciting. <smile>  At the end of the afternoon, I headed out to brush snow off the car and get a box from the trunk. Both plans were thwarted when I found the doors frozen shut. I'll have to do this tomorrow when the temperature rises above freezing. That might mean being out there in pouring rain, but I have the requisite gear to keep me dry.

I look around and see bits of Christmas showing in store windows and lights on houses. My plan for the weekend involves getting some bit of the season into the house. I do love having some of the decorations around to make things feel more festive and fits with family tradition. I do have a couple of items that I need to pick up next week for gift-giving with friends on the 25th. These won't be difficult to find, so all the last minute shoppers should not create difficulties for this single shopper <smile>.  Cards and letters to those without electronic access will need to get out very soon, too. Looks like another lengthy 'to do' list this weekend. <smile>

Tonight I'm sharing a song that highlights the personal meanings of the Christmas season. The video clearly shows the childhood roots of the holiday feelings in a unique way. The harmonies of this group have been amazing since the first song I heard from them. This is another relaxing selection. Seems I'm in that groove at present -- just needing to sit, breathe and move through the plan <smile>. Enjoy!

That's Christmas to Me -- Pentatonix

No comments:

Post a Comment