Monday 23 December 2019

Day 6 - 356 -- Begin at Home

Some errands were done this morning, but by evening no card or cooking completed. After an appointment this afternoon, I did two blogs to catch up to today. I also ensured that everything is ready to cook early in the day and then focus on cards while things simmer for a few hours.

I realized today that being kind to myself is challenging. Simply acknowledging what I've accomplished can be difficult and never feels like enough. I need to learn to accept the many things I've done. Not to brag -- but to note that I've managed a successful career, mentored many students and peers, and can problem solve wit the best of them <smile>. A friend noted recently that I also need to learn to take a compliment with grace instead of contradicting the giver. Again, a difficult thing for me, but I'm willing to work on it. This may be a way to improve inner peace. It also involved taking my own advice for others <smile>.

The song for today speaks to the dream for peace, kindness and love for everyone. That should reflect to the individual as well as those around them. The duo in this version sounds amazing together. Enjoy!

Someday at Christmas -- Stevie Wonder and Andra Day


No comments:

Post a Comment