Tuesday 31 December 2019

Day 6 - 362 -- Thoughts of Travel

Today saw one extra blue bag ready to take to the curb. That is the goal I set as it seemed manageable. When I have exceeded that number of bags, it has felt great <smile>, but getting a single extra bag out feels good, too.  That was the highlight of the household cleaning today.

In a conversation with a friend about the desire to travel, got me thinking of the places I'd like to see fir the first time, those I'd happily return to again, and the many things that I'd like to see and experience. Food. Art. Museums. Architecture. History. Culture. There is no shortage of places even on a short list -- shorter might fit better as a modifier there <smile>. The urge to travel isn't just superficial ticking things off a list. In past travels, I've learned to see the world and myself differently. I've learned new things and new perspectives. Traveling augments the journey through life. Hopefully, the next year will bring some wonderful travel adventures.

One song ran through my mind today. It fit the idea that we join many bands in our lives, as presented by Mitch Albom (The Magic Strings of Frankie Presto) and Mike Nesmith (Infinite Tuesdays). Travel is also central to the lyrics.  Enjoy!

Travelin' Band -- Creedence Clearwater Revival


No comments:

Post a Comment