Monday 9 December 2019

Day 6 - 342 -- Finding the Calm

Temperature increased overnight to be well above freezing by afternoon. Rainfall forecasts call for about an inch of rain by end of day tomorrow, followed by -- ta da -- a flash freeze to ice up the world for Wednesday. We are moving quickly into the next season. I'm still not sure I'm ready for it all. <smile>

After some work at home today, I headed out to the post office desk at the drug store to mail Christmas parcels. When I got there, ten people were ahead of me in line. When my turn came, the computer chose to freeze, so we couldn't go forward or back. I quietly said that I feared the 15 or so behind me in line might riot it that happened. The clerk responded that they could get me out the back way if need be <smile>. I found our ability to hang on to the humour in the situation was great. Deadlines happen later this week, so there will be long lines for the next several days. Finding a way to focus on something positive while waiting in lines at this time of year, is a challenge, but one that can be done with a bit of preparation and a positive outlook.

A fun song came to mind for today. The video showed one type of animal known to help reduce stress in people. It involves a partnership with an animal rescue organization. Enjoy!

Christmas Kisses -- Serena Ryder


No comments:

Post a Comment