Wednesday 11 December 2019

Day 6 - 344 -- Holiday Fete

Today began earlier than usual in order to address a number of items that desperately needed attention. Even so, I seemed to be out of sync with the real time and confused the times twice when trying to get to a meeting too soon and then too late. All worked out in the end. Work on the major purchase seems to headed to a successful conclusion. Will know for certain early next week. Several small tasks were completed and sent off for deadlines. Two more need attention tomorrow to get things off on time.

At the end of the afternoon, the first holiday fete of the season occurred on campus. There was a small turnout, which could be due to too much grading on desks of attendees or the snow that was falling with vigor by that time of day. Earlier in the day, it was warmer so the snow melted on contact with roads and walkways. By the end of the  afternoon it was sticking to all surfaces. We walked home in the picturesque snow covered world. A friend was taking pictures for her winter greetings letter. It did look festive with snow and lights. I love the dampening effect snow has on sound -- like walking in a muffled world as the snowflakes hold sound between the flakes and the sound rises with the temperatures. The physics behind it all is very cool and I've not done it justice here. My evening consisted of a longer than usual nap. Guess that is a message that I better and more sleep might be in order. I hope to take a couple of weeks to do little research work -- though I know some will be done since it does bring a good feeling. During that time, I want to do some work in the house and think more about the quilting pattern I have in mind as my winter project -- like I was busy doing noting or something <grin>.

so, I've been trying to do something different for the holiday season blog selection this year. While some traditional songs will be included, I've been looking for and listening to many 'new' songs -- brand new to me or a new twist on an older song. Tonight I share one that has a relaxing sound from a great artist. What is better than one artist? Three artists! The video brings a smile for this effort. Enjoy!

I'll be your Santa Tonight -- Keith Urban


No comments:

Post a Comment