Saturday 1 February 2020

Day 7 - 27 -- Foiled Plans

Checked in with the dentist today. Repair work will begin next week. There is a certain level of anxiety that comes with that plan. I fear things will look and feel different than they have for my life thus far. Learning to chew differently will not be welcomed. The day ended with a great visit with a friend over wine and cheese. Such fun to do that in mid-week -- something that working didn't always allow.

Several plans were foiled today. I went to the hospital auxiliary gift shop for an item I'd seen last week The place was closed -- the shop, not the hospital <smile>. I've never seen it closed during the day before. Another woman had items to drop off and was unaware of this closure. She also works as a volunteer at the shop. No signs or even notices on social media could be found. So, I'll have to try again next week when I'm up for a meeting. One other store didn't have the products I'd hoped to find, even though their social media sites noted these items were available. Go figure! Instead of shopping, I stopped for a cup of tea and a bowl of soup and attempted to relax and regroup with new plans for needed purchases.


Bad Day -- Daniel Powter


No comments:

Post a Comment