Saturday 15 February 2020

Day 7 - 46 -- Changes in Small Things

The day warmed into the afternoon leaving the frigid feel behind with full sun throughout the day.  Mixed precipitation is expected for tomorrow, so temperatures will remain at or just above freezing for a couple of days. Several people, including me, have noted that the weather feels much like the beginning of a seasonal transition. Spring is still officially about five weeks away, but things seem to be starting that change. Now I do understand that winter will be with us for some time yet -- this is Atlantic Canada after all. Yet, I take hope in the small signs of weather patterns, animal shedding, and migrating birds. Little things can mean a lot <smile>.

Past conversations with friends helped me through the small rough patches of the day. I will need to thank them for their assistance today.<smile> While feeling a bit down in the afternoon, I recalled a comedy routine recommended by a friend. It brought much laughter as promised.  While wandering through music videos, one from a good friend reminded me of an older song that brings hope with the lyrics of a wandering soul working to find itself. I loved this when it first came out and still find it can bring a sense of calm. Enjoy!

As long as I can see the light -- Creedence Clearwater Revival


No comments:

Post a Comment