Thursday 20 February 2020

Day 7 - 51 -- 41 and counting

Well, today marks 41 days since I fell and created the physical damage, along with what I've come to recognize as a certain anxiety that has been living in me leading to fear of falling again. Given the freeze-thaw cycles we are currently in, there is much ice around, so walking brings further stress than usual. <sigh>  As for the recovery, the arm still has a ways to go, though today has been one the best days in terms of pain frequency and level. I'd felt little change since last week, but today there was a difference -- a good thing <smile>. The mouth is another story. I think the puffiness of the gum around the broken tooth is subsiding. I see the dental surgeon again next week and he will determine if it has reduced enough to do the repair of chips and the chunk of missing tooth. If not, that will take a bit longer. There is no pain around the teeth, but there is a nerve feeling -- not pain -- running from the jaw joint to the ear -- a TMJ (tempero-mandibular joint) thing, I think. I will check in with the physio about that one as he does such adjustments. I do feel that the jaw has to shift a few millimeters to the left in order for the lower incisors to fit behind the upper ones -- this is the only way for the molars to work to chew and grind foods. Leafy things like lettuce still create an issue, and I do eat salads often. Other foods get stuck in the lower molars when they would normally be ground further and swallowed. (Sorry for the visual image of that <smile>).

I do know things will continue to improve, it just takes time. Patience isn't my best thing particularly when it comes to me things. Learning to manage the challenges without frustration is a steep curve. I am working on it and trying not to do the 'pitiful me' dance too much. Some days I succeed better than others. <smile>

The song chosen to share comes from a singer-songwriter featured here recently. This selection deals with healing. The singers bass juxtaposed with the female singers is lovely. The poetic lyrics are included below the video. Enjoy!


Come Healing -- Leonard Cohen


No comments:

Post a Comment