Monday 24 February 2020

Day 7 - 55 -- Relaxing Outdoor Activities

The day began with feeble sunshine through cloud cover. Nearer to noon, the sun became more visible as the cloud thinned. By early afternoon, the sun was blindingly bright.I enjoyed all of these stages of sunshine while outside today. I walked to campus in the early morning and then out to the optometrist to pick up contacts before noon. After lunch, I headed out to an appointment downtown. When I arrived home by mid-afternoon, the icy bits were melting in places. Temperatures felt very spring like. I spent some time encouraging the melting ice to move along elsewhere.

I listened to music most of the time while walking and shoveling today. It helps me to gather my thoughts and feel a bit calmer when things seem a tad overwhelming. Today was a great day for this. The weather brought many smiles and walking helped with deeper breathing. All of this helped me to manage the stress of a pile of items on the desk that need to be addressed this week. <smile>

Today marks 45 years since the release of an album -- the sixth by this band and their first double album. The song chosen for today was on this album, not an earlier one with the same title. <smile> Enjoy!

Houses of the Holy -- Led Zeppelin (from album Physical Graffiti)






No comments:

Post a Comment