Thursday 27 February 2020

Day 7 - 58 -- Need Time Expansion

The day has been filled with working to catch up and meet deadlines looming ominously. One report was sent off a day ahead of time <smile>. Practice for a seminar presentation occurred throughout the day -- I present that tomorrow. Edits for a submission needed for next week continue and I feel quite behind in edits for two other writing projects. I hope to get to one of these tomorrow afternoon.

Feeling behind schedule or worse yet, that I am holding up the schedules of others brings stress. There are only so many hours in a day and much as the Beatles would like us to believe, there are not eight days in a week. Having extra hours magically appear would be useful at times like these.  Either extra time or house elves that could help with some work to free up time for the writing work. Yes, I am retired, and chose to work a couple of days a week on research projects. There will be times when deadlines overlap for multiple projects. There will be times when I am away for holiday or health reasons. Such situations will require me to spend more than the usual time allotted to project work. I must remind myself of this regularly. Otherwise, I find that I am stressing about the household and personal projects that I want to spend more time with -- not being kind to myself, but expecting that I can be some type of superhero or magical creature and get it all done. <smile>

Lyrics from the song for today make me wonder what a little extra time would bring. Would I get more done, take more down time, or make projects expand to fit the time? In all likelihood, I would get about the same amount of work done <smile>. Enjoy!

Eight Days a Week -- The Beatles


No comments:

Post a Comment