Saturday 1 February 2020

Day 7 - 32 -- Exciting Outing

Cloud cover reappeared today as a major storm passes along the Atlantic coast. There will be snow and likely other types of precipitation overnight ending tomorrow. It seemed by mid-day that the snowfall amounts had been downgraded locally. We'll see what arrived when I get up tomorrow. I wa doing household chores when the phone rang and friend offered to take me grocery shopping. Still having difficulty driving with the injured arm. I was so excited, looking forward to a trip to the store and to be out in the community. We had a great chat while driving back and forth and as we met throughout the store while filling each of our lists.

I worried a bit that I might need to think about a new perspective -- that 'get a life' concept -- when I was excited to get groceries. There were items that were needed now and not next week, some of which were heavier than I could carry in from the car with any degree of comfort -- such as cat litter. While I often stay in the house all weekend, this showed me that there are days that I do need to head out to clear my mind of the detritus that can cause moodiness. <smile>  Whatever the reason, I maintain that my trip out today improved the 'happy' neurotransmitter levels in the brain. I smiled a bit more than I had earlier in the day. <smile>

The selection today came to mind as I was pondering the trip to the grocery store. It is from the early punk movement in the UK. Enjoy!

Lost in the Supermarket -- The Clash




No comments:

Post a Comment