Friday 21 February 2020

day 7 - 52 -- Sunny Calmness

What an amazing weather day! We had full bright sun all day. I spent the afternoon walking in it. I headed to the physio just after lunch and then walked up to a friend's place in mid-afternoon. The solar loading felt warm on my back, though it was very bright when walking into the west. I had to take off the sunglasses to avoid major reflection and be able to see where the icy patches were on the sidewalk. In one place, what looked like a puddle was a semi-solid that felt odd to walk through. Temperatures remained very cold with a light breeze adding a bit more cold to the 'feel like' temps. It was bracing <smile>.

The day reminded me of home -- a clear, cold, sunny day with less moisture in the air. Such days bring extreme clarity and sharper colours. Several times,  I stopped walking and took a good look at trees, sky and views of town. The beauty was all around me today. <smile>  The sunshine on the kitchen floor in the morning felt very warm -- something both the furry one and I enjoyed. The warmth of the sun was evident when walking, so that my cheeks might be cold, but my back or arms felt warmer. Days like this can be treasures when living in a part of the world where cloud cover is most common.

Lyrics from a song ran through my mind as I walked along today. The words and music bring a feeling of calm -- something I welcomed today. Enjoy!

Sunshine on my Shoulders -- John Denver


No comments:

Post a Comment