Sunday 11 December 2022

9-245 (11/12/22) -- Christmas Past

It was quiet day. I worked to get some blogs caught up, taking breaks in between to keep the vertigo at bay. I made nice homestyle supper of meatloaf, baked potato, baked sweet potato and fieldberry crisp. I hoped to get more done, but slow seemed to be the only pace for the day. 

While searching for christmas cards, I found an advent calendar from some time ago. It tells the story of the Nutcracker. I brought it upstairs and am using it this year again. I love this ballet. The staging can be so cool. A tree that grow 30 feet when the dream state takes over is quite spectacular as are the exciting costumes for all the lands visited by Clara and the prince. When unemployed just after training completed, I sewed many of the characters using scrap pieces of material from my and my mother's stashes. They were fun to make and were certainly a sanity save over those many months. While living in Toronto for training, I went to the National Ballet production -- the first one I saw. It was magical. So, the advent calendar and tree ornaments remind me of that experience. 

Needless to say, the selection for today comes from the ballet. I know that I used one of the many themes just recently, but this one is a favourite -- and likely is familiar to many. The artists for this one are another favourite and very talented group. Keep safe. Enjoy! 

Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy -- Pentatonix




No comments:

Post a Comment