Thursday 22 December 2022

9-353 (19/12/22) -- Being Charitable

The day began with a couple of errands on Main Street. The major outing involved the annual eye exam. I walked since they always dilate my pupils. It is a 30 minute walk from the house. There was a touch of wind and some spitting rain on the way out and next to no wind or rain on the walk home. I was pleased that there would be no bright sun to contend with this year, recognizing that the sun would set before my trip home. Well -- Walking home in the dark with dilated pupils was a first and to be honest, it is easier to see what is going on around you with sun than in the dark. It was a bit of a challenge. 

Twice today cars tried to drive into the crosswalk as I crosssed streets with the walk lights -- once with light and one with only bright streetlights directly above me. I've had at least four incidents like this in the past week or so. Even when drivers see me, they tend to roll ahead or try to quickly turn in front of me. It seems to be all about their desire to get somewhere 10 seconds sooner. Crazy! I have one smaller light for walking at night and will get more when I'm at that store next, but those are no guarantee either sadly. 

I chose to share a song that made me feel more charitable than I did when shouting and waving my arms at drivers today -- only to realize that I wasn't wearing a mask so they could clearly lipread <grin>.  Keep safe. Enjoy! 





No comments:

Post a Comment