Sunday 11 December 2022

9-344 (10/12/22) -- Decoration Begun

While doing the usual laundry today, I put up the Christmas tree. It will sit for a day or two before the lights go up. From there, I'll see what other decorations will be added. The indoor wreaths and galands were schlepped up the stairs as were lights and cards (which will be so late this year <sigh>). Getting the lights on the tree is my next step. I love having the lights on at night. They can be so calming. So, just a bit more stress to wind them around the tree and then the peacefulness should ensue. <smile> Maybe that task will be done tomorrow the next day at the latest. 

I chose a song that notes how the decorations can lift spirits. That is how I feel. I only put up what I choose to rather than feeling the need to put everything up every year. Sometimes as Mies van der Rohe stated, "more is less." <smile> The same goes for baking. Some years I make lots and some years I make very little. It just depends on timing and what will fit.This version is by a wonderful actress who we lost earlier this year. Keep safe. Enjoy! 

We Need a Little Christmas -- Angela Lansbury



No comments:

Post a Comment