Wednesday 28 December 2022

9-362 (28/12/22) -- Need to Walk

A light dusting of snow fell during the day. I cleared it off theh porches and stairs -- not much physical activity involved there, but it was good to get out in the fresh air -- even if it felt a tad cool. I did some housework and spent time searching on line in preparation for a future resarch trip. Weariness and sinus pain made me feel less able to focus on a lot of things that need to be done this week. A good phone chat with a friend helped me see a brighter side of the day. We made plans to get together later this week for a homemade meal. 

Getting out of the house even if just to push a skiff of snow off the walkways often helps with mood changes. Walking helps reduce some of the stress and can boost mood with an endorphin release. Getting to the point of suiting up to go out in the colder weather takes more effort than just putting on shoes and heading out that can be done in warmer weather. I have some shopping to do ths week, so that will get me out and walking a bit more. 

When I go walking in the winter, I wear my hikers. I love the way they support my ankles and feel snug and warm. This had me thinking of a song, of course. The first line of the chorus came to mind <smile> Keep safe. Enjoy! 

These Boots are Made for Walking -- Nancy Sinatra




No comments:

Post a Comment