Monday 12 December 2022

9-346 (12/12/22) -- Wants & Wishes

The day began with an appointment that didn't get me too far with the vaccine sourcing. <sigh> Communication between players in the health system is abysmal. Once this gets to the end, which hopdfully is a flu vaccine in my arm -- I will write a chronology of the past 6 weeks -- so far. It will go to many levels in the system. There is no one person who seems to have dropped the ball on this one, just a lot of people who have one small piece or no pieces to the greater puzzle. 

Weather forecasts sound dire. A storm front is heading this way. Much of it lies over the Atlantic, but the storm will retrograde and head west to create a mess in the Atlantic provinces. This will be slow moving. It will begin overnight with most of the snow and wind coming through the day tomorrow and then tapering overnight. Forecasts lean towards about 20ish cm (8 inches) with winds at 55 kph (35 mph) gusting to 85 kph (52 mph). So, the shovels are at the ready for the heavy wet snow that will arrrive. I moved the meeting for tomorrow afternoon to today due to the oncoming storm. One of our resource librarians provided some guideance on search strategies and documentation that should help me to work through some of the archived documents that I need to find for the research project. So, I"m hoping for a less intense storm and a way to manage the search results. <smile> 

I also sent a couple of gift suggestions to a family member. A group of us draw names each year. The list is meagre at best <smile>, but it contains two ideas that are related peripherally -- and a gift card to one store could work for either item. This 'list' is very different than the ones I made as a child. Those were much longer. Not that I expected to get everything on the list, but there were many things that interested me. Also, I didn't want to know what was under the tree and lengthier lists meant that the surprise factor would remain. <smile> Lyrics of the song chosen for today present an adult view of the holiday wishes. This version is performed by a Canadian singer with a wide vocal range. Keep safe. Enjoy! 

A Grown Up Christmas List -- Michael Buble



No comments:

Post a Comment