Saturday 3 December 2022

9-334 (30/11/22) -- Preparations

Big winds are expected overnight with huge rain. I really dislike wind. Rain I can handle -- to a point. This time around it will be about 25 mm (1 inch) or so. I'm prepared for a short power outage should something fall on power lines in the forest or in town. Temperatures are climbing, so will be well above freezing. With electric heat only, that is a good thing. An extra comforter on the bed will help with warmth. So, I'm as ready as I can be. 

Today finally saw the replacement of the camera in the laptop. I've held onto the external loaner until next week - just in case. Trust can be a big issue for me and this is part of what may be holding me back on a number of tasks. I'm not sure if it is lack of trust in me to do the things, or that I don't trust others or the systems involved to move my efforts forward. I suspect it is a smidgeon of the former and huge dose of the latter. <smile> For the writing tasks that I have waiting for my attention, I need to get a schedule in place for writing and practice getting out of my head to just write. Once I get a groove, things usually go well. 

Lyrics from a song fit with the concept of 'just do it' for writing and other tasks. I have included the original and an amazing cover version. The melody for this one is relaxing -- something that might get me started as well as remain calmer during the storm. Keep safe. Enjoy! 

Across the Universe -- The Beatles


Across the Universe -- Fiona Applegate




No comments:

Post a Comment