Thursday 22 December 2022

9-350 (16/12/22) -- Finding a Holiday Mood

I mailed another parcel today but it will likely miss delivery for Christmas. I used a prepaid mailing box after being told how much a padded envelope would cost. The box was actually less for the same weight and larger space. Goofy. I had a nice chat with a friend and then headed to a late afternoon appointment with the physio. The achilles tendon flared up a couple of days ago and feels worse than it has ever felt before. I hope the treatment will get that under control soon. 

My day ended with a wonderful supper out with a friend. It was relaxing and enjoyable to be out again.  We had a great time chatting. We even split a dessert tonight. Yummy! The dining room was full when we arrived, but thinned out quickly since others had started earlier. I'm feeling a bit more comfortable being in a restaurant as long as the tables are well spaced. 

The selection shared to tonight came to mind when I was thinking that the holidays made it easier to get out for a meal with friends. These commensal times also help to put me into a holiday mood. I will work to keep the process moving into the new year. Keep safe. Enjoy! 

Step into Christmas -- Elton John



No comments:

Post a Comment