Sunday 11 December 2022

9-342 (8/12/22) -- Dedicated to Peace

Today I had my annual lab visit and an appointment with the physio to deal with ongoing soreness. I still feel dizzy with screen use, so only spent a short time checking for important messages. The blog then is short again. I'll admit feeling rather old and decrepit today <sigh>. Too many things poking at me -- literally and figuratively. <smile>  I'm working to find a bit of peace and calm. 

Forty-two years ago John Lennon died. I still remember hearing this news via the television. I felt alone in my grief as I was living with my parents again at that point in my career -- unemployed for 18 months. I admired his focus on advocating for peace -- sometimes in very unique ways that got attention of many sectors of society. The selection shared today is an example of Lennon's dedication to this message. Keep safe. Enjoy! 

Happy Xmas/War is Over -- John Lennon ft. Yoko Ono and The Harlem Community Choir




No comments:

Post a Comment