Sunday 25 December 2022

9-358 (24/12/22) -- Memories

Sunshine arrived by late morning with some residual clouds and wind. I checked the yard and found the storm passed with only a few twig-sized branches to clear up. Laundry and cooking for tomorrow occupied most of the afternoon and early evening.  

I had time today to think through Christmas Eve memories. As a child, we spent Christmas Eve at my maternal grandmother's. It was a smaller gathering than Christmas Day at my dad's parents' home. Music was a big part of the holiday. One of Dad's favourites was Gene Autry with Up on the Rooftop and Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer. We often watched movies  like Dicken's A Christmas Carol in it's many iterations. I prefer the version with Alistair Simm. Mom's fave was It's a Wonderful Life and Dad's was White Christmas (filled with great music). My new favourite, Love, Actually, also contains some great music within a story of many intertwined lives. 

I have been trying to catch many of the older Christmas movies and musical specials over the past week and listening to Christmas songs a  lot. The selection today is a cover of a well known song. Keep safe. Enjoy!

Santa Claus is Coming to Town -- Bruce Springsteen



No comments:

Post a Comment