Saturday 3 December 2022

9-337 (3/12/22) -- Prioritize the List

The day began with bright sunshine but heavy cloud moved in during the afternoon. Temperatures have been rising through the day and are expected to continue this trajectory into the over night. A rainy system is moving in for tomorrow. My outing for the day was a nice walk during which I picked up some eggs. Saturday chores undertaken were nothing out of the ordinary. I did get a few kitchen and bathroom seasonal linens out this afternoon. It is a start. <smile> I hope to get several other decorative items out over the next two or three days. Some gifts need to be packaged to get into the mail early in the week, too. 

Setting priorities can be a challenge. Tasks that sound small really aren't. Gift wrapping a few things at a time may appear simple, but can take more than the 30-60 minutes expected <smile>. This is nothing new. My idea of how long things take is always overly optimistic. It seems I haven't learned even after all these years. There's a saying about that but I will just ignore it for now. <grin>. The song notes that sometimes the expectations for the holiday season can be just like my plans -- overly ambitious. Things do get done as we set our priorities. The lyrics seem to reflect too much to do and perhaps a bit of burn out. Some people will feel that way, but should ot chastise themselves. Prioritize the things you want to do and let some of the others go. It's OK. Keep safe. Enjoy!  

Christmas Wrapping -- The Waitresses 





No comments:

Post a Comment