Monday 26 December 2022

9-359 (25/12/22) -- Holiday Treats

The day began quietly with a movie and timre finishing a veggie dish for dinner with friends tonight. I made 'spinach Madelaine', a delightful dish from New Orleans. I highly recommed you look up a recipe online. Some are very involved and others are a bit simple. All I've seen would be fantastic. When I make it I use red bell pepper to show a lovely green and red dish for the Christmas table. The spicy cheese makes this dish for me. I use habanero cheddar, but  any cheese would work for those who don't enjoy the heat. 

The evening was spent with friends some of whom I hadn't seen since 2019 for the annual Christmas dinner. We had a wonderful evening with great foods, wonderful conversation, and laughter. The weather cooperated with cooler temperatures with light winds only. The sidewalks were mostly clear of ice from the rain yesterday, so I walked up to dinner and walked back home later in the evening. The sky was cloudy so stars weren't visible, but the lights on homes along the way added a sense of calm to the walk. 

The song shared today is a new Christmas song released this year by a Canadian artist. I thought it might be fun to share something new to the annual holiday songs used in this blog. Keep safe. Enjoy!

Let's Get Christmas Going -- Bryan Adams



No comments:

Post a Comment