Tuesday 13 December 2022

9-347 (13/12/22) -- As the Storm Passes

What a windy day complete with blowing snow. What fell overnight and until noon today was wet and not going anywhere with the wind. My guess put the snow layer at 8-10 cm (3-4 inches). I shoveled the snow on the front porch, sidewalk and walkway to the street. The wind blew frozen pellets into my face acting like a facial peel <smile>. More time out in the snow will happen as things taper this evening. If early enough, I will do this today and if not, it will be on tomorrow's list. The forecast shows another 10+ cm (4 inches) may arrive in the next 12 hours or so. 

Between bouts of searching online, I placed another wreath and some inside door hangers. Just so it looks a tad more festive. I then put the lights on the tree. Evening out the distribution of lights takes more patience than I often have. Today I managed to get things good enough for now -- or maybe for the time the tree is up. Other decorations may or may not go up. We'll see. I really enjoy seeing the lights in the corner of the living room. The furry one enjoys hiding and sleeping under the lower hanging branches (artificial tree so nothing to worry about there). The tree brought a peaceful moment or two compared to the storm blowing outside the window -- something calming to look at instead of the rain and ice covered windows. 

A friend reminded me today of a song by another friend. The lyrics fit well with my hall decking this afternoon. The melody isn't what one expects. Very cool take on a couple of old standards. Keep safe. Enjoy! 

Deck the Halls with Sugar Plum Faeries -- James Lee Stanley



No comments:

Post a Comment