Tuesday 11 February 2014

Day 42 -- Tripping over the words

Another sunny day in Nova Scotia. It was very cold overnight, though. It was closer to -24C (~-5F) in the early morning hours, and about -17C (0F) by the time I had to make the car go. I will admit to apologizing to the vehicle when I make it start in this cold weather -- block heaters are not common here, nor are they standard equipment on new vehicles.

At work today, I had particular difficulty with lecturing. I don't think I can blame this one on the weather, though <smile>. In both classes today, I managed to say things backwards from the slides -- A increases and B decreases, when the slide and facts state the opposite. In the second class I did something similar and also was umming and ahhing an awful lot as I searched for the words to explain the concepts of milk protein function in food systems. Neither were my best efforts today -- but I kept my sense of humour and moved on.

Today's selection came to me as I was reflecting on the less than stellar performances given in classes. This aspect of the day was a 'no brainer' <grin>. Enjoy!

Stuttering -- Ben's Brother


No comments:

Post a Comment