Monday 17 February 2014

Day 48 -- Icy Day

Ice, ice, everywhere. The flash freeze froze much of the rough slush on the ground. The snow banks from the last few storms are now coated in a slick crust of ice due to the rain on the weekend. On top of all this is a couple centimetres of fresh powdery snow that drifted with the major winds from the storm yesterday. My morning began with me chiselling inch-thick ice off the windshield to get in for 8:15 AM class. Roads had been sanded and salted, though temps were not warm enough for salt to act until into the afternoon.

I ran into some disappointments today but they were of my own making as I expect a lot from me and from others. I recognize that my passion for my subject area may not be shared by everyone and when that smacks me in the face, I can still be surprised. Letting that go can be a challenge. I also had to say 'no' to someone today -- I really dislike doing this when it is something that I feel is important to do. There is a limit to how much I can take on and still do a decent job, yet that frustrates me sometimes, too. Taking care of me can feel less important than all those other things that I consider 'fun' -- but if there are too many of them, they turn into 'work' <smile>.  Bottom line today -- work to realize that taking care of me is necessary to sustain the passion and learn not to be offended when others don't fully share my passions.

So, today's selection is from a Canadian band from Manitoba. Enjoy!

Takin' Care of Business -- BTO (Bachman-Turner Overdrive)


No comments:

Post a Comment