Wednesday 12 February 2014

Day 43 -- Running behind

Even though the day was relatively pleasant, I was running behind on all tasks on that unwieldy 'to do' list. It was down to the wire for two major tasks. Both were done in draft form by 10 PM. One is for early tomorrow morning -- slides of a lecture -- and they will have to go up as currently written. I'm hoping to stimulate some discussion around a somewhat difficult topic. We'll see how that goes. <smile> The other task involved two midterm exams now in draft form. These will need to be edited and taken to the print shop tomorrow and we'll see how that one goes next week.

At the end of the day, I will admit to feeling a bit 'winded' -- what I imagine it must feel like at the end of a marathon. There is fatigue, but a certain sense of accomplishment, as well. Again, this wasn't the perfect job I'd prefer to do, but it is what it is for today.

While putting the last slides together for the lecture tomorrow morning, today's selection started running through my head. The words and tempo speak to the kind of day it has been here. Enjoy!

Running on Empty -- Jackson Browne


No comments:

Post a Comment