Sunday 16 February 2014

Day 47 -- Blustery day

As in the Winnie Pooh stories, this was a blustery day, though it wasn't a fall day but a definite wintery day. The winds were immense with huge gusts for a few hours in the afternoon. Snow blew around, but there was very little accumulation, thankfully.  Just as the snow began as little pellets hitting my head, I was finishing up removal of the slush that fell overnight. I was out for 45 minutes during which time the temperatures dropped from 2C to -6C -- a definite flash freeze as forecast. While working in the house during the height of the winds, the electricity flickered a few times. Friends in the county went without power for a couple hours during that time.

All in all, an interesting and pleasant day. I got to a number of household chores that had been waiting for some time and got some letters and a package ready to mail tomorrow. I'm now ending the day with Downton Abbey -- a wonderful relax. <smile>

While listening to the wind today a song from many years ago ran through my head -- an upbeat little ditty. Enjoy!

Windy -- The Association


No comments:

Post a Comment