Monday 8 May 2017

Day 4 - 128 -- Trees

I took the day out of the office. Reading through some e-mail and getting some files together for this week took most of the morning. By mid-afternoon, I headed out for groceries and several other errands. While driving down the streets, I was struck -- almost breathless -- by the beauty of the pink magnolia trees in the yards of others. The one up the street seems to be in full bloom. They are smaller trees, but pull off such amazing colour in the late spring. There is a larger white one on campus that I didn't notice in the rain this weekend, but I will check to see where it is tomorrow when back on campus. Other trees, maples and oaks, have begun to bud out a bit, so there are light green bits on the tips of the branches of the larger trees around town. Soon, they will be in full leaf. It happens quickly once it begins.

Seeing these trees in the sun today, made me think of a few songs. The one shared here today is a bit silly, but it does refer to magnolia -- even if it is in a different sense than the fantastic impossible trees I saw today. It is unlikely to ever be a hit, but it is fun. Enjoy!

Magnolia Simms -- The Monkees






No comments:

Post a Comment