Wednesday 17 May 2017

Day 4 - 137 --Obstacles - internal and external

Another busy day has almost ended. There were several meetings and a couple of errands. Things never get boring, it seems. There's always something new popping up -- obstacles along the way. Finding ways around, over or through the barriers can take a lot of time and energy. Someone today said something that made so much sense to me. Sometimes we get in our own way. So when trying to find a solution that is least objectionable, maybe it isn't the best solution. That was an interesting concept and something I've been pondering. I'm sure something may become clearer. I'll be sure to share that when it arrives -- no promises it will be soon, though <smile>.

Realizing that we often show empathy for others but seem not to do the same for ourselves is interesting. It goes back to the advice I've heard and given several times -- be kind to yourself. A song that provides solid advice for being yourself and liking yourself came to mind this evening. I love the singer-songwriter who has been a true soundtrack to so many lives. Enjoy!

Beautiful -- Carole King


No comments:

Post a Comment