Friday 26 May 2017

Day 4 -- 146 -- End of the Week

It has been an odd day filled with many emotions. It began with frustration while trying to get the cell provider to find a fix for wifi connection to the home network (the same provider). The two accounts will be joined but this takes a couple of weeks to complete for some unknown reason. I spoke with one call centre person who understood the problem and said I'd be transferred and 'we' would speak to the tech help desk. He sent me to the help for a home land line number, who then forwarded me back to what I was told was the tech help but it was back to the call centre with someone who had no idea what I was talking about. After several times being on hold while she checked with the tech help desk, she came back and asked for my home phone number. Another wait while she slowly typed that number into the system. She then came back to me and asked for my home account number. I stated that the phone number I just gave her was attached to that account number and she should be able to find it. I get e-bills, so have no paper to hunt up the number for her. She told me there was no account attached to my home phone number -- not sure why I get that big bill each month then <sigh>.  So 45 minutes into the call, I was 40 minutes backwards from where I'd been with the first call centre person. I told her that I'd be hanging up now as I was just getting angry and she didn't need to hear me in that state. During this time the drizzle had become full on rain that was to last most of the day.

I moved onto work activities -- having expected the call for the phone issues to take 15 minutes in one of my breaks. Time was spent organizing things for others and then trying to organize my space for courses -- that will still take another day or two to complete what can be done for now. I chatted with friends at the end of the day and then headed home. Still cold outside, but the rain had stopped by early evening. These events involved feelings of satisfaction -- that happy sort of feeling that something done was worth the effort. Chatting with others lightened the day allowing me to laugh.

A song that was the B-side of a single release is shared today. The lyrics deal with meteorological events and their impact on our moods. It felt to me that the day had mirrored my emotional state. Enjoy!

Another Rainy Day -- Deep Purple


No comments:

Post a Comment