Thursday 18 May 2017

Day 4 - 138 -- Mechanical Difficulties

Summer arrived quickly -- well, the promise of summer. It was chilly walking yesterday due to the northerly wind coming in off the water. Today it was in the upper 20s with feel like temperatures above that due to some humidity. So -- it felt like 80sF out there. Tomorrow is to be similar but a few degrees cooler -- still way above seasonal averages. I will need to dig out summer sleepware in hopes of being comfortable in the heat and humidity in the house tonight. Good news on that front is the weekend is to be cooler --as in closer to average for May.

Work involved a half-day meeting to think about future planning directions. As we sat indoors, we noticed trees moving by the windows. Construction is beginning on a multi-year project that will see several buildings razed and new ones built in their stead. This week the trees around the first building and small parking lot were removed and replanted at the edge of the larger parking lot outside our building. It was odd to see just the tops of trees passing by through the windows at ceiling level.

After the meeting I headed home and realized that I could go to the bank down the highway to deal with the credit card difficulties, since they were open late tonight. I headed out and within 20 minutes there were multiple warning lights lit on the dashboard. I turned around and headed back to town. The dealership was closed by 5, so I will need to take it in tomorrow morning. Luckily, a great friend offered to drive me to the next town so we could visit and shop a bit. So -- I'll soon have the banking issue cleared up and will need to hope that the lights are something simple rather than something way too expensive. 

A fun song seemed to fit my predicament today. It should bring a smile. I saw the singer when he was opening for Randy Travis years ago -- it was clear then he was going to be a headliner. My musical friends will love the songwriting advice provided in the lyrics. Enjoy! 

The Talkin' Song Repair Blues -- Alan Jackson




No comments:

Post a Comment