Tuesday 9 May 2017

Day 4 - 129 -- Refuge of Home

This day has been exhausting. I had a list of things that needed to occur today of which only one small item was completed. Once I began dealing with messages from yesterday, things went off the rails. I spent the whole day working to review past work for others. Communications made things most stressful. E-mail often is read with tone, even if it isn't there. I try to include a <smile> here and there, so the tone that is intended might be clearer. However, when each question is answered politely and each answer is followed by more terse or borderline rude or threatening language, things become very stressful,.It can feel like an attack of sorts. Face to face, such phrasing might not occur, or it might be stated in a lighter manner. The typed word carries with it a great many constraints to communication.

The day went on for far too long. I'd hoped to leave by 5 and it was after 7 when I sent my final message of the day -- and hopefully the final message in that particular thread <smile>. It was pouring rain -- though it had quieted a bit from what I'd heard while working in the office. It felt wonderful to walk through my front door and greet the furry one waiting on the other side. That can help me be calmer. Home can be comforting and provide a great refuge. Somedays work seems to take me away from my home for too long.

The thoughts around being away from home longer than planned brought a song to mind -- one with the first video done by this local group. Their sound is R&B and Soul. Enjoy!

P.S. For those who have heard me speak of my MD, he is the drummer.

Home Again -- Working Class Band

No comments:

Post a Comment