Friday 26 May 2017

Day 4 - 145 -- Long Day, Long Sleep

Yesterday involved a lot of activity in my office. I worked through a number of e-mail responses, did a few face to face meetings and updates, and worked at the shelf clearing to make room for the next courses I will teach. It seemed that most minutes were fully occupied with multiple activities -- knowing full well that multi-tasking doesn't really work at any age.

The day ended with a lovely dinner out with friends. The food, wine and conversation were delightful. There is never a shortage of things to discuss and share. By the time we left the restaurant, I was glad that I had my gloves in my pocket as the temperature had dropped considerably. It was a short walk home so I didn't get too cold. I got things ready for work tomorrow -- papers, clothes and lunch. I got ready for bed and didn't even turn on the computer before I fell asleep -- earlier than usual.

The song I chose to share for yesterday deals with the way the day ended -- a sound sleep that was longer than usual. Countering this is a short song from a well known group. Enjoy!

I went to sleep -- The Beach Boys



No comments:

Post a Comment