Wednesday 10 May 2017

Day 4 - 130 -- Rain, Rain and More Rain

It's been another full day of rain. Tomorrow is supposed to be similar as was yesterday. The only sunshine since last week was for a while on Monday afternoon. Temperatures required mitts and a fleece under the rain jacket -- about 4-5 degrees Celsius (into the 30s F.). I told a friend today that I was fine with the cooler temperatures as it helped me sleep better at night -- no heat, no humidity. And as long as the precipitation remains liquid in nature, I'll continue to be OK with this <smile>. As for the rain, many areas have been inundated, so less would be more -- in true Miesian form. At present this looks like it may occur over the weekend, with a bit more rain forecast during next week.

A few more things were crossed off the list today at work, though there are several more still there for me to deal with tomorrow. It wasn't a highly productive day, but some smaller things were done -- those that took less concentration, it seems <smile>. The song that seemed to say what I thought when I woke up today has had many covers. I've chosen two to share with you. Yes, it is the same song, but the arrangements make it seem like two different songs -- at least in terms of overall mood. Besides, with all the rain we're getting, more than one song seems to fit the bill. The first version is by a reggae style band from England and the second is by a songstress with a more bluesy approach. Enjoy!

I Think it's Going to Rain Today -- UB40



I Think it's Going to Rain Today -- Nora Jones





No comments:

Post a Comment